The School Council plays an important and valued role in the development of Hamilton Parklands School. It has elected representation from the staff, the parent community and co-opted members from the wider Hamilton community. It is responsible for the financial, policy and strategic direction of the school.
School Council works in partnership with the school to deliver improved learning outcomes for our students and to support the staff to achieve this.
Mark Purcell – Council President
Sonya Holden – Principal
Becoming a councillor:
- School council elections are held in March each year.
- Parents of students attending Hamilton Parklands School are eligible to nominate for vacant positions as advertised.
- Council terms are for a period of 2 years.
- Held 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Location – Hamilton Parklands School
- Commencing 5.00pm
Council is involved in undertaking a variety of projects and activities including:-
- Building and Grounds improvement
- Design and consultation of school policies
- Supporting program development
- Fundraising activities
- Community engagement activities